Now get rid of those winter chills with the shot of Sloe Gin.
Wondering what is Sloe Gin?
Here, we are with the perfect drink that is specially prepared to booze you during the winter season.
This homemade drink is as satisfying as steeping, nurturing and enjoying beauties on the market.
The drink has many tastes and flavors that depend on the length of time of the steepness of the sloes, the ratio of fruit and gin, strength and sugar content.
Adding the right and the best quality gin enhances its taste and ends up in offering you the great sloe gin.
Sloe Gin Recipe
The best recipe for the Sloe Gin is the one that has a balance of sweetness and bitterness. Also, the drink should not be too much syrupy or have a high sugar hit. The best recipe to prepare the drink is here. Follow the right steps and get the best drink for your winters.
- Ripe Sloes: 500 g
- Golden Caster Sugar: 250 g
- Gin: 1 liter
Steps for Preparation
- Rinse the sloes.
- Allow their surface to dry and prick them using a stainless steel or cocktail stick and fill them into a Kilner jar of 2 liters.
- Add sugar and gin in the jar and seal it.
- Shake them well every day for 7 days to allow the ingredients to mix.
- Store the jar in the cool, dark place and leave it undisturbed for two to three months.
- Strain the mixed drink over the plastic sieve into a clean dry bottle.
- Seal the bottle and label it.
- Giving the drink enough time to mature enhance its taste and gives its enriched flavor.
Sloe Gin Fizz Recipe
The perfect drink with the great fizz that is used to prepare multiple classic cocktails is here with its recipe secret.
- Sloe Gin: 1 ounce
- Gin: 1 ounce
- Fresh lemon juice: ¾ ounce
- Simple Syrup: ½ ounce
How to Prepare Sloe Gin Fizz?
Are you curious to know how to prepare the mouthwatering and fizzy Sloe Gin?
Here, we are with the great taste drink recipe:
- Take a cocktail shaker mixed with ice.
- Mix sloe gin, gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the mixture and strain it into a highball glass.
- Fill the glass with soda water and enjoy the fizz.
- You can make the drink using different recipes as well depending upon your taste.
- Some of the variations are:
- You can use sour mix instead of lemon juice.
- Replace the gin with the full shot of sloe gin.
- Use two different types of soda; plain soda and lemon-lime soda in an equal amount.
- Use granulated sugar instead of simple syrup.
Is Sloe Gin Fizz Strong?
Apart from the taste are you wondering about the strength of the drink?
Since the drink uses 3-4 ounces of soda water and 80 proof gin, the overall drink prepared is mild with 10% ABV.
Also, the ingredients and the quantity of sloe gin make the drink of around 26% ABV.
Sloe Gin Drinks
This alcoholic liqueur is famous as there are many Sloe Gin Cocktails that are popular
among people. Some of the most famous in the list are:
- Abelforth’s Bathtub Gin
With 33.8% ABV, it is one of the strongest that is known for its sharpness and real green freshness.
The drink uses half a pound of sloes per bottle that hit hard on your brain. The drink offers a great taste of coriander spice, orange peel, and a hint of cloves.
- Plymouth Sloe Gin
The most commonly prepared homemade drink with the fruitiest taste with the little
Sourness is the perfect drink with a smooth finish. The drink is common works great for sipping, pouring over the ice-cream or taste great when paired with cheese.
- Monkey 47
29% ABV the drink, it makes its way from Germany. The drink although expensive but worth its price as it is prepared using 47 botanicals, and wild-growing, hand-picked sloe berries from the Black Forrest. It offers fruity, chewy and fresh methanol taste to the taste buds. Thus, one can enjoy this drink without mixing it with anything.
- Sipsmith Sloe Gin
This London crafted drink is prepared annually using sloe gin with different maturity dates. The drink offers pleasing, chocolate notes, with a hint of apple and a little orange. Although the drink ingredients are enough to give it a great taste but adding lemon into it do a wonder.
- Sloemotion Handmade
With the great love of people towards the drink, it has a great story behind it. The drink comes from the Howardian Hills of North Yorkshire and is made from the fruits harvested in the farmland. The gin used is spicy with the strong flavor of cumin, coriander, tea with the long-dry finish. Although, it has a unique taste but disheartening for those who are looking for the sweet hint in the drink.
The nutty, slightly chocolatey aromatic drink with the great balance of mulled and clove-like spices is one of the best choices for Christmas. Pairing this drink with a bite of mince pie adds to the taste.
- Beckett’s Sloe Gin
The delicate Sloe Gin from Kingston’s Distilleries from London prepared using Sloes with the additional taste of mint is the great choice for those who are looking for the over-spicy or over-sweet taste drink.
- 6 o’ clock Sloe Gin
The drink prepared using the hand-picked, hedgerow sloes from the Bramley and Gage distillery uses the high ratio of fruit to gin. The drink is famous for its chocolaty richness with the combination of sweetness and sour note.
Joe Bonamassa Sloe Gin: The Famous Album
The drink name is being used in one of the most famous albums created by the American Blues-Rock Musician Joe Bonamassa. It was released on August 21, 2007. The album acquired a top position on the US Billboard Top Blues Albums Chart.
With enriched flavored and great sweetness the drink offers the appetizing effect with every sip that goes in.