When you are applying for jobs, you may be concerned about being tested for drug or alcohol use. Employers in some industries are legally required to drug test certain job applicants and employees. Many other employers require drug testing from applicants or employees, and there are different forms of drug testing available for this purpose. There are breath alcohol tests, blood tests for drugs and alcohol, urine drug and alcohol tests, and even hair drug tests. One common type is a mouth swab drug test. Read on for more information on what a mouth swab drug test is.
Some Important Mouth Swab Drug Test Facts
Though this is quite popular among the organizations still the people are unaware of the facts about it. So, here are some of the mouth swab drug test facts that you should know:
- Saliva has the ability to hold follow measures of drugs and their resulting metabolites for a time of 24-36 hours. This structures the premise of a fluid drug test. It is otherwise called oral fluid drug test.
- The saliva drug test kits come in numerous structures and shapes. The general method for utilizing such a kit is to put it in the mouth of the individual being tested. The kit draws the saliva through a membrane. The membrane enables saliva to wet the strips containing media of antigen dyes. The antigen dyes go about as an indicator. Arrangement of color on the strip proposes a positive outcome. There is a specific color for each drug in question.
- This test is used to detect different drugs which include alcohol, PCP, Cannabis, Cocaine, Opiates, etc.
Know about mouth swab drug test accuracy
When it comes to mouth swab drug test accuracy, this test is considered to be an accurate way of detecting the consumption of drug but not as effective as a blood test. This is due to the fact that despite the effectiveness of this drug test, there are still some ways through which the people can remove the toxins and drug contents from their mouth and can pass the test.
Mouth swab drug test detection period
As we know that the test is conducted for different types of drugs, so the detection period while testing each variety of drugs will come to be different. The fact is that the drug metabolites don’t stay in the saliva for a too long period. Thus it is important that you should know the mouth swab drug detection period associated with different kinds of drugs. So here is the its test detection period chart, depicting the time for which the different varieties of drugs can be detected from the test:
- Cocaine stays in saliva for up to 24 hours
- LSD stays in saliva for up to 6 hours
- Heroine up to 48 hours
- Opiates up to 36 hours
- Marijuana up to 36 hours
- Amphetamines up to 24 hours
- Methamphetamine up to 72 hours
This states that passing the drug test could be easier as the effect of the drugs goes away in just a few days. But passing that test will only be possible if you are not some addict or chain smoker.
How to pass a mouth swab drug test?
If you are thinking about ways regarding how to pass mouth swab drug test, then there are numerous ways that you can consider. Here are a few that might prove to be helpful for you:
- Suck sour candies: To pass the drug test, you can consider sucking the sour candies as it would make your saliva more acidic that will ultimately make it difficult to detect the drug in the test. 5-10 minutes before the test, you can pop 2 or 3 sour candies in your mouth that will add on an acidic citrus flavor in your mouth, making it hard for the test to detect the drug.
- Hydrogen peroxide: If you are looking for answers about how to pass a mouth swab drug test hydrogen peroxide, then here you’ve got the help. Peroxide is known as the adulterant and thus will help you pass the drug test easily. Just before you go for the test, take a gulp of peroxide and swish it inside your mouth for around 30 seconds. Then simply spit it out in the sink. But you need to be careful while doing so as you should not end up swallowing it because of the fact that it can cause internal harm when ingested. So anyone who wished to know how to pass a mouth swab drug test with peroxide can now follow this pattern.
- Add high-fat foods to your meal 48 hours before the test: In case of mouth swab drug test for THC, you should know that the molecules of THC in the bloodstream bind easily with the fats. So, as the fats get flushed out of the body, it takes the THC along with it. So, if you want to pass the drug test, make sure you start eating high-fat foods 2 days before the test.
How to pass a mouth swab drug test in less than 12 hours?
If you are thinking about how to pass a mouth swab drug test in less than 12 hours, then you must know that there are some effective ways that can help you in this case. Here are some of the ways to consider:
- You can consider eating some of the best neutralizing gum through which the drug contents in your mouth and gums begin to neutralize and won’t get detected in the drug test.
- Along with this, you can also consider using some mouthwash that could help you get rid of the toxins in the mouth.
- Another idea is to make your mouth acidic for which you can start eating sour gums and candies.
Here’s all you needed to know regarding the drug test, providing you with the knowledge about the amazing ways to dodge the test too.